Friday, January 8, 2010

Personal advice/? parents and siblings?

my mom was not a good parent. she was neglect ful always drinking she even threw a knife at my brother. im the oldest i was out of the house at 18 becuz i couldnt stand her. my dad passed away and my sis resents my mom becuase she thinks the wrong parent died. so neither my brother or my sister want to talk to my mom. She has been clean for 5 years but she is somewhat crazy about the whole thing. some things like the knife incident she claims never happened. which makes my bro mad cuz she wont apologize she just pretends it never happened. anyways my bro lives with me my mom calls and wants to talk to him. I dont know if shes mentally able to realize that hes pisst at her. but he doesnt want to talk to her. which i totally understand but ive been lying to her ---telling her that hes busy or not home when she calls. He wants nothing to do with her. should i tell her the truth??? should i try to tell her why he is angry ??? my bro say she ruin his childhood-cant remember certain thingsPersonal advice/? parents and siblings?
Your mom might not be taking drugs, but she is far from recovered from drug abuse. Not taking responsibility for her actions is proof of that. I dont think that you should make excuses for your brother, just tell her that he doesn't want to talk to her or pass him the phone and walk away and let him do it.. Problem is that your mom seems to think that she is a martyr because she simply stopped doing something that was illegal and immoral. Problem is that she doesn't seem to want to live a truly moral life. If she did, she would apologize. Dont feel like you have to explain your brother's actions at all. If she asks you why your brother wont talk to her, just say,';I cant speak for him.'; and leave it at that. If she presses the issue, just tell her you will talk to her another time and you all will only talk about thinks that involve the both of you. Good luck.Personal advice/? parents and siblings?
Tell her the truth.
Maybe your mother is so ashamed of herself that she is in denial. She really could benefit from some therapy.
If your brother doesn't want to talk to her he needs to tell her himself. Alcohol abuse can and will take a toll on the whole family. It's great your mom has been clean for 5 years but it's what happened before these past 5 years that is affecting her now. She must be able to except the things she can't change and sorry to say she may have lost her son to her abuse of alcohol. My heart goes out to your family, good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment