Sunday, December 27, 2009

I want to manage my personal finances with software -but want to manually enter transactions. Advice?

I want to keep my transactions on a software system so I can view where my money is going (which means microsoft money essentials is not working for me since there are no categories). However, I prefer to manually enter my transactions, rather than have them download from somewhere. Any advice on which software programs to use?? It seems like every single one wants to to auto synch.I want to manage my personal finances with software -but want to manually enter transactions. Advice?
I use Quicken (and not even the current version - I'm cheap so I bought the 2001 disc from amazon for $5), and I manually enter my receipts every day. (Takes me less than 10 minutes)I want to manage my personal finances with software -but want to manually enter transactions. Advice?
I've heard good things about Quicken, but haven't tried it myself. There are various ';flavors'; of the product. The link is: http://quicken.intuit.com/





Most such systems will have some sort of provision for downloading data or synching data. But I'm not aware that you have to do that. After all, there have to be provisions for things you buy with cash--a coffee at Starbucks, a morning newspaper, and so on.





The other option is to create your own. If you're handy with computers, try Access. I personally do a lot of stuff in Excel, which is very powerful, but nice and easy to use.





Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment