Sunday, December 27, 2009

Need some advice and personal experience about antidepressants?

I've been on two antidepressants so far and both have made me sick. I am on them for anxiety and panic attacks. I am tired of taking the medicine because I feel awful all the time. I think I would be able to function better without the medicine, but some people say that I need them. I've only had this anxiety for three months, but am now doing intensive exercise for about 2 1/2 hours per day, which I wasn't doing when the anxiety started. I think this might help. I'm thinking about asking my doctor if she thinks I could give no medicine a try, of course wean off of it first (I'm on 25mg of Zoloft) but about to start Effexor which I am skeptical about. Has anyone been successful going of medication after only being on it for about 1 1/2 months. Personal experience would be great. Thanks!Need some advice and personal experience about antidepressants?
i went off of serozone after a couple of months. I know you're not supposed to do it that way, but i had no ill effects from it.


I changed my diet radically, did a major cleanse, and was exercizing daily...i think that was what helped me/. If you don't want to start a new mediaction, don't/ Doctors are too prescription happy...there are reasons we get depressed, and if we addresss thos reasons onstead of just drugging them inot hiding, we'd be a lot better off.


Anyway, that was my experience. You'll just have to seehow YOU feel tho. We're all different.


'good luck to youNeed some advice and personal experience about antidepressants?
I have many years of experience with antidepressants. And I will tell you they did not help and only made things worse. The side effects are awful and no good came from their use. Because of years of being a guinea pig for experimentation my health is shot! No one can help restore my health from the damage done with all those! Listen to yourself. No one knows what is best for you but you. You know how they make you feel. Stop the meds and inform your Dr. why. They are educated and do know more. What they don't know is how you feel nor how your body reacts to these meds. Tell them. Good luck. Exercise is great. Am glad you are being proactive.
i guess i have been lucky but i tried paxil,prozac,and zoloft and never got those initial bad side effects people talk about.the only med that make me sick was effexor it made my heart beat real fast so i got off it after the second time i took it. if anxiety and panic attacks are your problem i think something like the med xanax combined with therapy as to what causes your anxiety would be better than taking antidepressants alone. if you try antidepressants i think if you get sick for longer than 3 or 4 days from the time you start taking them you should stop and keep trying other ones until one agrees with your system from the second or third day you start taking them
You are close to learning real life secrets here. Keep getting stronger and stand up to the doctors and say you can make it on your own. There is nothing wrong with you. You just need to learn more about life and the games people play.
I speak from personal experience. I am currently on Paxil for anxiety and depression. This medication has been a lifesaver for me personally. Here is what I learned - You have to stay on it long enough for it to build up in your blood to work - at least one month. You do have side affects when you start these medications - dry mouth, headache, etc. You have to be patient and give the medication time. I would not come off my medication, because it has helped me so much.
I was on Zoloft and got sick ( i was hearing voices) and no I am not psychotic....Before that I was on something called Serzone it worked well...when I took the Zoloft they put me on buspar too (for anxiety and panic)...I stopped after the voices thing....right now I just take xanax as needed until I go back to the doc again at the end of the month...





Good Luck~
I was on Prozac and stopped mine after 2 months it only took about 2 weeks and all the problems started again, but you are doing it the right way with weaning yourself off them as


I was silly and just stopped, and it didn't help that I was taking 2 aday. I have asked my doctor the same thing if I was able to stop taking them as I two felt horrible, but he wouldn't let me and I'm off to see a councilor tomorrow so hopefully that helps. Good luck and remember you are not on your own
Hi,


There is this guide by anxiety expert Joe Barry , he has taught thousands of people to be panic free without any medication using a revolutionary new technique, http://www.panicaway.co.nr , its really a great guide , it should help you get rid of panic attacks forever in a few days





Hope this helps you and wish you the best of health

No comments:

Post a Comment