Thursday, December 31, 2009

Any personal training advice available?

Am looking for direction on what setting to use on a treadmill to loose weight! I am 5'5'' and 160, middle age, have been doing daily treadmill walks for 2-2.5 miles at 3.5mph and grade 2 incline but all it seems to do is make me hungrier!!





Thanks.Any personal training advice available?
My doctors put me on a walking regimen and advised me to walk a minimum of five miles a day! When I take little sips of water during the walks it cuts down on the hunger pangs. Walking on a treadmill just hasn't done if for me. Uneven terrain makes the leg and foot muscles work harder, thus burning more calories.





I suggest you up the mileage and speed just a bit, considering that most people walk 2 to 4 miles an hour anyway. I read somewhere in a walking magazine that a good walker walks a mile every 20 minutes. You must be at a plateau, so up the distance and speed just a bit for a breakthrough.





I wish I was down to 160!

No comments:

Post a Comment