Thursday, December 31, 2009

Im 16 & getting my tonsils taken out. Please tell me any personal experiences or advice.?

Id like to know how long it takes for them to heal and if it hurts alot.


I know its going to sound pathetic but.. my MAIN problem is.. im really really scared that theyre going to put my to sleep and im not going to wake up. I know I know it sounds really stupid but its true.Im 16 %26amp; getting my tonsils taken out. Please tell me any personal experiences or advice.?
I had my tonsils taking out when i was 7 yrs old and it really hurt but i mean i was 7. Plus when u get your iv they put u under quick. then when u wake up u will probably be in and out of it. my throat really hurt and icouldn'tt eat ice cream or anything for like 3 days. but it wont hurt after thatIm 16 %26amp; getting my tonsils taken out. Please tell me any personal experiences or advice.?
I got mine taken out before fourth grade. They put you to sleep and then when you wake up your kind of dazed. Really it hurt me a lot I had a hard time eating mashed potatoes. It hurt for about two weeks. Eat Popsicles they help a lot. It was worth it cause I haven't he strep throat since and I hardly get sick except for now I have swine. But it won't be the worst pain you've ever experienced but it did hurt a bit. Don't worry you'll do fine
dont worry! i had mine taken out around your age as well... its not that bad and the pain slowly goes away more day and day....





you will not be able to eat regular foods, but i had mashed potatoes, eggs, yogurt, ice cream, stuff like that..





dont worry.. just rest alot and dont strain your throat by talking alot..





good luck! :]]





and dont worry... you WILL wake up..
you'll be OK. its a really common surgery. little bitty ones get their tonsils taken out too and they've done well....YOU'LL be ok!
Well they do put you to sleep I think and you get to eat ice cream thats all i know.

No comments:

Post a Comment