Sunday, December 27, 2009

Personal Advice....?

Hey Guys,





I have been having my downs beacause I think that I'd be late for reaching my 6 figure salary before my 35s. I have just done my undergraduate in Finance in May and Im 26 years old. I dont have much work experience apart from being a clerk. I know I cant do sales because Ive tried, but I have analytical, quantitative and research skills. I have a very strong desire to achieve and able to work long hours. There are many positions that I have been turned downed because many have applied are experienced. Im getting my hopes down and seek if anyone out there would interested in bring me in or guide me into doing what I should do to achieve a 6 figure range.Personal Advice....?
Ups “+” [1] Im 26 years old; [2] I have just done my undergraduate in Finance in May


[3] was a clerk; [4] I have analytical, quantitative and research skills.


[5] I have a very strong desire to achieve; [6] able to work long hours


[7] seek if anyone out there would interested in bring me in


or guide me into doing what I should do to achieve a 6 figure range.





Downs “—” [1] I think I'd be late for reaching my 6 figure salary before my 35s.


[2] I dont have much work experience [3] I know I cant do sales because Ive tried


[4] There are many positions that I have been turned downed because many have applied are experienced.


[5] Im getting my hopes down





Look at what YOU JUST did! Look! I don’t see any faults with you - which you can‘t correct or turn into assets. Sales is another story. You are holding back yourself, aren‘t you?





I’m sure you can add to both lists - the “UPS“, AND the “Downs, can‘t you?





Its wonderful to have goals. Earning 6 figures a year is not a goal. Earning 6 figures a year is the result of achieving your goals.





Everyone “wants to have his/her cake and eat it too“. I was the exact same way. Its human nature. No one wants to work for a low salary. Before he/she even picks up a broom to sweep a floor or empty a trashcan, he/she wants to be ';THE Boss';. Everyone wants to be CEO or Chair the Board. I’m sorry to tell you, it just doesn’t work that way. Everyone starts at the bottom. In the beginning the pay isn’t the greatest





It doesn’t make any difference what kind of career or business you have or want to have: EVERY BUSINESS, is a “people business”. EVERY CAREER is a “people career.” AND EVERY PERSON “has to pay his or her dues.





Have you ever heard the expression, “The world is your oyster.“ With the great pluses you have, you have “your oyster”. You just have to find the right knife to open the oyster to get that pearl, don‘t you?! You need a little guidance - and you can kick your own self in your own butt to get yourself started - AND TO CONTINUE, can’t you?





There are two old sayings:


A] ';So, you thought --- and think --- education is expensive? Just wait until you try ignorance.';


B] ';The only stupid question is the question you don't ask.';





Ask questions of knowledgeable people.





Remember this: When you are in a group and you or someone else asks a question; that question being asked could be a question one or more folks have on their mind, BUT are afraid to ask.





DON'T be afraid to ask questions - and keep asking questions until you get understandable answers to your questions. This requires persistence and tenacity.





Will some folks think you're a pain in the neck [and another place]? Absolutely. Don't settle for


';fluff'; answers or ';smoke and mirrors'; answers.





After getting ALL your questions answered to your satisfaction, HOW do you make your decision?





PLEASE excuse me: My answer is not meant to be cynical, offensive or insulting. However, my answer is truthful, honest AND IT SHOULD BE helpful.





To merely ask aloud, “Advice needed on finding full-time jobs?” And then justify your Q with the balance of your comments is not enough.





You have to find out what it is you REALLY want. Is it fair to make other people responsible for your happiness or unhappiness? What excites you? What stimulates you? THEN you find out about those things.





Due to space restrictions, here are some of the Qs my mentors asked me, I’m asking you.


IN RETURN: YOU MUST BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF:





Who knows you, better than you? No one - except Y-O-U! YOU!





Who Knows your habits better than you? No one - except Y-O-U! YOU!





Who Knows what your wants, needs, dreams and desires are better than you? No one - except Y-O-U! YOU!





BEFORE you change careers or look for a permanent position, you MUST “get your ducks lined-up”.





THEN, you have to ask questions of knowledgeable people.





I’m doing my best to lead you to “get your ducks lined-up”.


After getting ALL your questions answered to your satisfaction, HOW do you make your decision?





Benjamin Franklin developed a very simple, yet very effective system.


Sit down in a very quiet place. No TV, radio or any other interruptions or distractions.


At the top on a blanks sheet of paper, write the situation/challenge/problem you are faced with:


Should I/we do .....?


After the question draw a vertical line down the middle and a horizontal line across the top of that vertical line - much like a very large upper case ';T';.





On the left side of that middle vertical line, write ';For'; or ';+';.


On the right side of that middle vertical line, write ';Against'; or ';-';.





Under that +, you number and write down ALL those things or points which could help you to go FOR that question.


Under that -, you number and write down ALL those things or points which could help you NOT to go or Against that question.





You can use multiple sheets of paper for one career. You can take as long OR as little time as you like. This is your career and your life you are getting answers about.. Do the same for any and all other careers you’er interested in. You can switch back from sheet to sheet and from + to - and then from - to +. .





Look at the numbers between the all your sheets: When the + outnumber/outweigh the -, do it. When the - outnumber/outweigh the +, don't do it.





You may have electronically posted your resume, but did you ever send any of those folks “snail mail”? Many people are very apprehensive about opening strange e-mails. I KNOW I’m that way. Don’t you think its time for you to use the local papers to get your job?





You’ve been “spinning your wheels” and wasting enough of your precious time long enough, haven’t you? You want replies. You NEED replies, don‘t you? When people get something real, which feels good, without any lumps or bumps, at the very least this gives the sender the opportunity to say, ‘This correspondence is safe. Please open this. Here’s my credentials.’





Here’s what I believe you should do:


1] Go to an office supply store or a stationery store and buy THE FINEST, BEST-QUALITY stationery and matching envelopes - letter size AND note size. PLEASE DON’T purchase something for the price! IT MUST BE THE BEST OR GREAT QUALITY. The color should be white or off-white.





If you are not sure, ask to speak with someone who KNOWS what is THE BEST. I’ll mention a name: “Crane” stationery. As far as I’m concerned this is the best..





2A] Go to the library and find-out EXACTLY who to send your correspondence to


2B] AND THE EXACT NAME AND TITLE of that person or those people.


2C] You NEED THE EXACT ADDRESS. If it’s a street number with a Post Office Box, get it.


2D] Find out EXACTLY how to address the envelopes and inside addresses.


2E] Do you have those names, titles and address? Do you have the different ways to address your correspondence and envelopes?





3] You NEED a professional-looking résumé AND accompanying cover letter. If you can find an easy-to-follow, on-line form, use it. If not, go to the library and ask a librarian. He/She should be of immense help. How? Because folks come in the library ALL the time, looking for that exact information.





I noticed the grammar and spelling in your question. NOTICE: You get one shot - one opportunity - to make a great first impression. Your grammar and spelling MUST be perfect. When you prepare your résumé AND cover letter, use your spell-check and grammar check.





4A] When you think you have it perfect, ask someone to review it. How about the librarian or your high school English teacher? PLEASE swallow your pride and accept their constructive criticism.


4B] THEN make the corrections [and revisions].


4C] Ask that person to review it again - just in case something was missed the first time.


4D] Make the corrections and revisions.


4E] Ask for another glance of your finished product by that person.


4E] Did that wonderful person do a great job helping you? Using your best handwriting, hand-write him/her a “Thank You” note on that best-quality note sized paper. It goes a very long way - just in case you might need some additional help in the future.





5] Prepare and send the résumés to the people you have on your list. Don’t forget to make sure each and every cover letter is signed. Make sure the same letter and résumé are in the same envelope, addressed to the same person.





6] Use postage stamps. DON’T use a postage meter.





When I was about 8, 9 or 10, I wished for something or I wished I could do something or I wished one of my terrific aunts would come home so we could do something.





I said it loud enough for my wonderful Grandmom to hear. She stopped what she was doing (making bread, I think), took-off her apron and washed her hands. In a very sweet, matronly way, she took me by the hand and led me to the living room [“the parlor” she called it]. My Grandmom sat in my Grandpop’s chair and pulled me very close to her.





As though she was telling me a secret only I could hear, she spoke very softly, saying, “I’m going to tell you two things I think are important enough for you to know. Number 1, I love you. - No matter what you say or what you do, I‘ll always love you.”





I was playing with my hands, looking down at them. I glanced up and looked at her face. She was smiling. I said, “I love you too, Grandmom.”


She said, “Yes, I know that.”





She continued, “And number 2: Wish in one hand and pee in the other - then see which one gets filled first!”





We hugged each other. She probably hugged me a lot harder than I hugged her. She arose and went back to the kitchen. I continued whatever I wasn’t doing.





Long answer for a short Q, wasn‘t it?





I believe I did my best to help you. Thank you for asking your question. I enjoyed taking the time to answer your question. You did a great job - not only for your information, but for every other person interested in reading my answer.





I wish you well!





VTY,


Ron Berue


[Yes, that's my real last name.]Personal Advice....?
Thank you very, very much. I’m honored my answer was THE BEST!





When I received the notice, it REALLY helped to make my day!





Again, Thank You Very Much!





Very Truly Yours,


Ron Berue

Report Abuse



maybe you should try applying for jobs that require less experience. you can't start at the top you have to work your way up. sounds like your expecting to much to fast.
well i dont know much about it


but you can benefit from this


www.youraffiliatesignup.com/?aff=13843… or this one

No comments:

Post a Comment