Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I need some personal advice on buying piano music?

I want to buy some hungarian rhapsodys, and the book i am looking at has all of them. Im just worried that the notes are too small? Im not sure of the size of the notes because they have a preview and they look really small but they are in a small box.


I would really appriciate it if you looked at this link and told me if it was a good book to get, or if you reccomend any other books for hungarian rhapsodys. THANKS





http://www.borders.com/online/store/Titl鈥?/a>I need some personal advice on buying piano music?
I could tell nothing wrong with the size of the notes. I clicked on the 'look inside' and the music seems to look completely normal, regarding size.





The cadenzas are, obviously, smaller in size, but everything else looks normal.I need some personal advice on buying piano music?
It's important to look at the year of the publication. Newer books tend to have larger print, kinder spacing, and better page turns.





Older books (especially Dover/Schirmer editions) that used the old original plates are notoriously small and squished. Back in the day they tried to cram a lot on each page to save $$$$.





Also, if this is an important addition to your music library take some time and find clean editions (urtext) or editions produced by an editor with experience with Liszt's music.
I couldn't tell either. Maybe this site will be a better location.
  • stella mccartney
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment