Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Need a personal advice.. =(?

My best friend is asking an honest opinion from me... and i honestly didn't know what to say when he asked me. So I told him I'll get back to him when I'm not busy.. And I'd tell it to him straight. And He said he'll wait.. So the situation is this:


';Our two lesbian friends who are in a 8yrs relationship are planning on having a baby and they're actually pretty serious about it. And they asked my best friend to donate his sperm.'; Now the question he asked me was:


';I'm willing to do it coz I love them both.. but my concern is ';what if'; they break up?';


But what I thought on suggesting was to not get involved in their relationship but I know his next question would be ';why not?';. But he's so persistent that they managed to convince him. Because they SO what a baby...


Sigh... can anyone give me their honest opinion on the situation I'm in with my best friend and what I should tell my best friend?


Thank you, I shall really appreciate it. =)Need a personal advice.. =(?
Both he and the girls are in the wrong and here is why:





Since one of my daughters is in a long-time lesbian union, this situation happened in my family. My daughter wanted a friend to provided the seed. My husband (a lawyer) advised her that it was risky, and that even an written agreement (that the biological father would not seek paternity rights) would not hold water if challenged in court. The best way to go is through a sperm bank, where you can choose from thousands of files. Each file is very elaborate, with descriptions of the family members of the anonymous donor which include not only physical traits, but what level of studying they got to, what was their health like, what personality traits they had and so forth. My daughter and daughter-in-law both got pregnant with the same seed, so their children are biologically related to each other as well as to their own moms. What they did also was to adopt each other kid's as the second parent (it was allowed in that State).


Your best friend ALREADY is looking into his responsibility, meaning that he is interested in advance in the potential child, and that's probably not what the ladies want. He is confusing his role as a seed provider with someone who is a ';real'; father. Not good.


So, he should tell them to go to a clinic instead.


My grand-kids are 11 and 9, a boy and a girl, and they are great children!Need a personal advice.. =(?
It's his choice.


But once he does it, it's none of his business if they break up or not. It will never be his kid or his business and he will never have any say in what goes on.
you should your best friend to just stay out of it... there are always other people. it just doesn't have to be your friend

No comments:

Post a Comment