Friday, April 30, 2010

Personal Blog Website Advice?

I am a graphic / web designer and wish to create an online blog. Where do I start? I actually do not have much of a clue. I have my own website and hosting - can I use this? or will I just point my url to some third party blog site? Please advise, thanks!Personal Blog Website Advice?
Blogger and Wordpress are good if you actually want to write article/journal posts.





A less common, but quicker and simpler, type of blogging is a tumblelog; if you want more of a scrapbook blog for posting individual photos, links, movies, etc. I'd recommend using Tumblr. And Tumblr is very customizable if you like editing HTML/CSS...


http://www.tumblr.com/


Example of a Tumblr blog: http://whithersoever.tumblr.com/





Designing your own would take a lot of time; there are many free services out there, such as the ones mentioned above, that have it set up for you.Personal Blog Website Advice?
Yes, if you have your own hosting, you can install a blog (Wordpress.org is free, but you might have to familiarize yourself with how to set up MySQL databases a bit).





Otherwise, you can have free off-site blog hosting on Wordpress.com (or Typepad or Blogger).
Have you tried using dream weaver? or blogger ? It's rather user friendly. You can use your own site though. THat's cooL! Just be sure to tell your friends all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment