Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Information or personal advice about uterine fibroids.?

There pretty common so I hope I get a little help. I have them and I am pretty sure that whats causes me to bleed for months at a time when I have my menstrual cycle instead of one week. I'd really like to know if there are any natural remedies anyone has tried that reduces the symptoms. I don't have insurance right now but this bleeding is driving me crazy! As far as child bearing, has anyone had trouble because of the fibroids? It's my dream to have kids so I'd like to know if I'm in for a long road to pregnancy or if it ';may'; not be a huge problem....If you have them and have gotten a medical procedure done, I'd like to know your expierience. Anything at all you'd like to say on the issue, please do. So far I've only talked to a doctor and looked up things on the internet. I have yet to talk to a person who has these fibroids. Thank you very much.Information or personal advice about uterine fibroids.?
I had huge multiple fibroids even before i got pregnant. I'm 28.


I had my first surgery when i was 24, doctor removed 28 of them. But my bleeding didn't improve. I was so weak and anemic. Doctor told me try to get pregnant after 6 months of that surgery, but within these 6 months fibroids grew again. Doctor said i need another surgery but this time they may not be able to save the uterus.


I was lucky and got pregnant just before the surgery.


The fibroids grew even bigger during my pregnancy. My tummy was huge


The pregnancy was so painful.


I couldn't hold the baby after 30 weeks. I had c section and the baby was born.


The baby was tiny, the operation took long time to find the baby under so many fibroids.


At last doctor removed the whole uterus, there was no other option.


My baby is fine now, I'm relieved cause i don't have that bleeding which kept me away from work for days.Information or personal advice about uterine fibroids.?
Fibroids are often not a problem when it comes to getting pregnant. However, it does depend on how big they are and WHERE they are located in your uterus. I have fibroids and they didn't interfere with my getting pregnant, but they don't interfere with my periods either.





Bleeding for months at a time isn't healthy, you're probably anemic most of the time. I would suggest you see a doctor who can treat and/or determine if your fibroids are an issue with fertility as soon as you are able. If they are causing you that much discomfort you may need to have them removed.





Good luck.
It all depends on how many you have and how large they are. There really isn't any natural remedies to get rid of them but I do know that they feed on estrogen so don't take birth control pills or anything else with estrogen in it. Depending on the type, they can actually go away on their own but again it all depends. There is a surgery that can be done to remove the fibroids without harming the uterus but not every OB/GYN is willing or able to perform the procedure so make sure that whoever you choose has performed the procedure lots of times. Be aware though that you may possibly form new ones at a later time.





Uterine fibroids may affect your chances at getting pregnant, but again, it all depends on the number and size of the fibroids. I would have to see your ultrasound report to be able to give you a better answer on that.





It's not impossible to get pregnant, it may just take you longer and you may have to face different issues than people without fibroids. Good luck in making your decision.
Go check out:


INFERTILITYfromA-Z under yahoo groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment